The purchase and sale of real estate is closely linked to the digital sector. There is no doubt that the intervention of specialized portals and webs is a critical part of the process, especially in the initial searching phase. That is why it is not unusual to find new services that invite interaction, among which virtual reality tours stand out.
This is how virtual reality has been incorporated into the sales strategy in a rapid but very consolidated manner. And no wonder. It speeds up the decision-making process, saves the client and the agent time and is very aesthetic, which is always appreciated and generates good feelings. These are some of the reasons why virtual reality tours have become the sales strategy par excellence in the real estate sector.
What does virtual reality offer real estate agencies?
Virtual reality tours present different advantages for real estate agencies. Let’s see some of them.
- Image: The main advantage is that the agency can organise the virtual reality tours from its own platform or website. It does not depend on external portals and everything complies with a unified image that generates security and confidence in the client.
- Save travel time: If, for example, a real estate agent has a client interested in several properties, he no longer needs to move around all of them until he finds the one he likes best. The agent can better organize their plan of real estate visits and it will be enough for him to sit in his office with some VR glasses and do the virtual visit. The client can “walk” through the rooms, check the lighting, the finishes, the state of the property and the views, etc.
- A personalised filter: Virtual reality becomes the perfect filter, as clients generally for different reasons discard half of the properties shown to them on their first visit.
- Added value: This is a very functional tool when talking about cases in which the potential buyer and the home are not located in the same region. The technology provides the opportunity to move into the home with just one click. This is much more evident in the case of premises and offices, where the people who make the decision to rent or buy are not precisely those who make the visits on the street.
- Viewing homes under construction: Some developers offer promotional visits to common areas and to the interior of homes that do not yet exist. This is a great advantage for future owners who can find out what it feels like in their new home, even before it is built.
- Increasing customer confidence: Apart from helping to reduce costs and optimise resources, virtual visits increase customer confidence in the property as the tour, although virtual, is still very realistic. The idea is that during these visits, the user does not separate reality from fiction.
In short, by incorporating virtual reality tours in real estate portals we will manage to provide added value and generate a climate of greater confidence in the purchase and sale of property.